ICAL Teacher Training (Expansion Levels)
Novice, Intermediate & Advanced Teaching & Learning:
The Expansion Levels are the second sequence of courses in the ICAL Teacher Training sequence.
These courses are designed for teachers who are using lesson plans provided by ICAL, or lessons designed by district designers using the ICAL Inside 11-step design model.
These three courses allow Teachers to experience and master all the components of each level they teach (Novice, Intermediate, Advanced). Each level has a different aspect of complexity as the students grow increasingly proficient in the language.
With a series of micro-teaching sessions, Teachers acquire confidence and expertise using each Novice, Intermediate, or Advanced component of the ICAL system. Combining micro-teaching with feedback and coaching ensures replication and consistent results across large groups of teachers throughout the system.
These levels may also be taught during the school year allowing the teacher to implement each component with their students immediately after experiencing the training.
- Overheads and Projected Worksheets
Outcomes to expect (just a few of many more that you will acquire):
- Develop new strategies to develop proficiency
- Create your own materials to personalize your lessons and classroom
- Build a teacher support team with your colleagues in your school and district
- Master differentiation of material at each proficiency level
- Utilize centers to teach core subjects in the target language
- Develop manipulatives that engage students and transfer vocabulary rapidly
- Use peripherals to allow the walls to supplement your teaching
- Select music appropriate to every activity
- Create projects that build teamwork and self-esteem at all levels
© The International Center for Accelerative Learning (ICAL) - 2062 Harobi Dr., Atlanta GA 30084 - tel: 404-538-5063 / fax: 775-924-2219